If you’re looking for a yummy holiday week breakfast idea, you have to try making the best homemade cranberry orange bread, ever!
Not only does it taste like Christmas, but it makes your home smell so sweet and fragrant. It’s amazing!
Homemade Cranberry Orange Bread Recipe
This recipe is perfect for the cranberries you didn’t have a chance to cook during Christmas!
If you have fresh (or frozen) cranberries, orange juice, and some basic pantry items, you are on your way to a fresh loaf of cranberry orange Christmas bread. This post contains affiliate links.
Homemade Cranberry Orange Bread Ingredients
How to Make Homemade Cranberry Orange Bread
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray bread pan with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
In a large bowl, slightly beat egg.
Add orange juice and butter, mix until well combined.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
Chop cranberries and nuts in food processor or with a sharp knife.
Stir in water, nuts and cranberries into mixture JUST until combined but don’t overmix.
Spread batter evenly into 1 standard bread pan or mini pans.
Bake large pan for 60 minutes or small pans for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
Remove from pan.
Store in airtight container.
Can I Make Cranberry Orange Bread with Dried Cranberries or Frozen Cranberries?
It’s my experience that cranberry orange bread turns out better when made with either fresh cranberries or frozen cranberries. If you only have dried cranberries, you can still make this recipe, using 1 cup of dried cranberries.
If using frozen cranberries, let them sit on the counter and thaw before adding them to the batter to keep the color from bleeding.
How To Make Gluten Free Cranberry Orange Bread
If you have a gluten allergy or sensitivity, you can easily adapt this recipe to be gluten free. Swap out the traditional flour with all-purpose gluten free flour, and make sure all of the other packaged ingredients (like the baking powder) are gluten free, too.
Is Cranberry Orange Bread Vegan or Dairy Free?
This recipe can be adapted to be a vegan cranberry orange bread, by switching the conventional egg with either an egg replacement purchased from the store, or a homemade egg substitute.
Mix together 1/4 cup of applesauce, along with 1/2 tablespoon of baking powder. This mixture is equal to 1 egg.
You can also create an egg substitute from 1 tablespoon of flaxseed meal, combined with 3 tablespoons of warm water.
Substitute butter with vegan butter.
1 hour 15 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- ½ cup nuts, chopped finely
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped finely
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray bread pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, slightly beat egg.
- Add orange juice and butter, mix until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Chop cranberries and nuts in food processor or with a sharp knife.
- Stir in water, nuts and cranberries into mixture JUST until combined but don’t overmix.
- Spread batter evenly into 1 standard bread pan or mini pans.
- Bake large pan for 60 minutes or small pans for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- Remove from pan.
- Store in airtight container.
Easy Homemade Bread Recipes
The only thing that beats the smell of bread baking is that first bite of warm bread with butter melting! Here are some of our favorite bread recipes to make with your little kitchen helpers:
What is your favorite homemade bread recipe? Comment below!