This Lemon Raspberry Chia Seed Pudding is THE best chia pudding you will ever make – for real! It is sweet, creamy and has the best tart lemon flavor.
Ingredients Needed for Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding
- Chia Seeds – there are two kinds of chia seeds – black and white. There is basically no different between them nutritionally or flavor. Either kind works great for this recipe.
- Greek Yogurt – plain Greek yogurt.
- Coconut Milk – the kind from a can, you can use light if you want a lower fat pudding and it will still work great.
- Lemons – fresh lemons.
- Raspberries – you can use fresh or frozen for this recipe and it will turn out great.
- Honey – goes really well with the lemon and raspberry and adds just a touch of sweetness.
How to Make Chia Pudding
The prep for this pudding is so easy!
- Combine all ingredients in a large storage container that has a lid. Make sure all the chia seeds are mixed in, and mash the berries lightly, especially if using frozen raspberries.
- Place the lid on the container and refrigerate overnight or for at least 8 hours. You can portion into individual dishes and refrigerate those also.
- Serve with extra raspberries, lemon zest and a drizzle of honey on top.
Is Chia Seed Pudding Healthy?
Chia seeds are a great source of antioxidants, fiber, and quality protein. Combined with Greek yogurt and fruit, Chia pudding makes a delicious and incredibly healthy snack or dessert. It’s creamy, satisfying and loaded with nutrition. Check out this post to read more about the health benefits of chia seeds.
Is it Better To Soak Chia Seeds Before Eating?
You do not need to soak chia seeds before eating them, but soaked and raw chia seeds do have slightly different health benefits.
The biggest difference between soaked and dry is that soaked chia seeds can help to keep you hydrated because they hold up to 12 times their weight in water. This allows for a slow release of hydration and helps to keep you full for longer.
Raw chia seeds have a strong absorbent power and can actually absorb water from your body during the digestion process. If you are wanting to eat raw chia seeds, you should plan to drink extra water. Raw chia seeds have been shown to be helpful for people who have acid reflux to relieve some of the symptoms.
More of Our Favorite Chia Seed Recipes
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp lemon peel, raw
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
Combine all ingredients in a large storage container that has a lid. Make sure all the chia seeds are mixed in, and mash the berries lightly, especially if using frozen raspberries.
Place the lid on the container and refrigerate overnight or for at least 8 hours.
Serve with extra raspberries, and a drizzle of honey if desired.
*You can substitute any kind of milk for the coconut milk.
*The lemon peel (zest) and lemon juice is equal to 1 medium lemon.
*You may use fresh or frozen raspberries.
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 21g | Sodium: 33mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 13g
I’m a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.