These school book sandwiches are adorable and the perfect back to school lunchbox surprise or the perfect classroom school themed party food. These healthy school snacks look so cute that the kids are sure to gobble them up.
Book Themed Sandwich Idea
These tiny little book sandwiches are so cute and so easy to make and will be a perfect healthy snack to bring to your kid’s classroom, but they can be personalized for any occasion. Add the name of your child’s favorite book for a book themed birthday party or just for lunch.
Related: Classroom party food ideas
Sending a platter of these cute sandwich books would make a really cute teacher appreciation gift as well!
This article contains affiliate links.
How to Make School Book Sandwiches
Ingredients Needed for Book Sandwiches
Instructions to Make Sandwiches that Look Like a Book
Cut soft flour tortillas into 4 1/4 inch by 2 3/4 inch rectangles. (You can change these dimensions if you’d like larger sandwiches.)
Then cut slices of white cheese and deli meat into 1 3/4 inch by 2 1/2 inch rectangles.
Assemble Sandwich Books
- stack slices of cheese and deli meat, alternating the two until you have 5 slices or “‘pages” for you book
- spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on one side of the tortilla rectangles, keeping it 1/4 inch from the edge
- set the cheese and meat “pages” on one edge of the torilla
- fold the tortilla over forming a book
- use a food coloring marker to write the title of the book on the front of each sandwich
- add some lines and repeat the name on the binding (edge) of the book
Tips for Sandwich Scraps
You’ll have lots of scrap pieces of tortilla which can easily be turned into chips. You can either fry them or brush them with oil and bake them until crispy then sprinkle on salt or cinnamon sugar. The scraps of cheese and meat will make great toppers for a salad.
The tortillas do tend to dry out a bit, so make them within a few hours of serving. Wrap the sandwiches well and store in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
- soft flour tortillas
- white cheese slices
- slices of deli meat, like turkey or ham
- food coloring markers
- cutting board
- Cut flour tortillas into 4 1/4 inch x 2 3/4 inch rectangles.
- Cut slices of cheese and deli meat into 1 3/4 inch by 2 1/2 inch rectangles.
- Assemble the book with 5 pages each with a thin layer of mayonnaise on one side
- Fold the tortilla over forming a book.
- Use a food marker to make cover art and book cover words.
- Repeat on the binding of the book sandwich.
More Back to School Fun from Kids Activities Blog
Did you have fun making the cute back to school book sandwiches?