Let’s make pretend snot! Actually it is slime! The grossest and most awesome slime recipe you’ll ever make! It sticks and oozes over any and everything, but easily lifts off of hard surfaces much like silly putty and easily washes off of hands delighting kids of all ages.
Easy & Awesome Slime Recipe for Kids
This slime recipe is easy and awesome because:
- Quick to make
- Can be used for play or pranks
- You can choose whether to add Borax or not
Let’s Make Fake Snot Slime
When my hubby came home and saw all the fake snot slime we were playing with he just *might* have said he was going to borrow a bottle to use for a silly prank at work!
This gross snotty slime is guaranteed to get an “ewwww…” out of kids and those adults who still have some remnants of childhood wonder and imp left in them.
How to Make Snot Slime Tutorial [Short Video]
This article contains affiliate links.
Supplies Needed for Pretend Snot Slime Recipe
- 4 oz Glitter School Glue – We used purple clear-ish color as when you add green to purple you will get a brownish hue
- 1/8 cup of Liquid starch
- 5-10 drops of Food Coloring – Yellow and Green were the colors we used
- (Optional) 1/8th teaspoon of Borax – Without this ingredient the recipe will be slightly harder to clean
Instructions to Make Pretend Snot Slime Recipe
Dump your glue into a bowl.
Fill the empty glue container with water and dump that into the bowl as well. Mix until the glue is watery.
Add the liquid starch and continue to stir as the mixture thickens.
Slime Making Tip #1: The first time I made this I used more starch for a firmer consistency. So feel free to add more if you prefer thick snot. If you are adding more starch, wait about 5 min. Sometimes it will thicken on its own.
To aid in the cleanup we mixed 1/8th teaspoon (a big pinch) of borax into 1 tablespoon of water. We mixed the water and borax and poured that into our goop. The borax aided in the “release” so when you pick up the snot no residue is left behind.
Slime Making Tip #2: If you are worried about toddlers who put things in their mouths you can omit the Borax and add another teaspoon of starch in its place.
The possibilities are endless.
This stuff is super stringy, super slimey, and looks just like a loogey.
Storing the Homemade Slime
You can leave a pile of this on the table to dry. It still lifts off the surface and keeps the “fresh” look for hours.
To store, place in an airtight container.
Give the Gift of Slime
Would you use this as a prank gift?
Bottle it up and bring it to the hostess of your next Halloween party or play date. Everyone will have some fun!
- 4 oz. Glitter glue
- 1/8th cup liquid starch
- 5-10 drops food coloring
- (optional) 1/8th teaspoon Borax
- Stick or spoon to mix
- Storage container
- Add glue to bowl – we used both the green glitter glue as well as a little of the purple glitter glue to get that snotty green color
- Fill the empty glue container with water and add to bowl.
- Mix until the glue is watery.
- Add the liquid starch and continue to stir as it thickens.
- (Optional) Add the Borax into 1 tablespoon of water, mix and then add to mixture.
More Homemade Slime Recipes from Kids Activities Blog
Did your kids love making homemade fake snot slime? Did they use it for pranks?